An economic impact study of a cultural programme launched in Milton Keynes in 2012 shows how arts, heritage, sports and cultural collaboration can reap economic and social benefits.
- Milton Keynes’ 2012 Summer of Culture brings arts, culture and £6.4m to the city
- Exploring the legacy of summer seafront spectacular Blink Margate
- London 2012 Festival and Cultural Olympiad round up in the South East – what’s coming up
- Grants for the arts: first-time dance applicant gets the green light
- Poet Patience Agbabi re-tells The Canterbury Tales
Our South East Area covers Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, East Sussex, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Surrey and West Sussex.
The South East has 69 National portfolio organisations*, including three Bridge organisations**, with an investment of £89million
The South East has four Major partner museums with an investment of £14.4 million
There are three Bridge organisations in the South East
Total 2015-18 investment in these programmes in the South East is £103.5 million
*National portfolio organisations include those organisations previously referred to as National youth music organisations.
**Norfolk and Norwich Festival is counted twice as they are funded as a National portfolio organisation and separately as a Bridge organisation.
Find out more
- find out more about the value of arts and culture
- read our latest State of the Arts publication, Create: a journal of perspectives on the value of art and culture
- read Great art and culture for everyone our 10-year strategic framework for the arts
- find out about our investment for 2015-18 for arts and culture in England
- subscribe to our newsletters
National portfolio funding
Browse our interactive map to view National portfolio organisations in the South East Area.