Executive Director, Arts and Culture
Simon Mellor was appointed Executive Director Arts and Culture in the recent organisation review. Simon joined the Arts Council in 2011 as Executive Director Arts.
Previously as General Director of the Manchester International Festival (MIF) Simon had responsibility for overseeing MIF's relations with its public sector stakeholders and was executive producer for approximately a third of the MIF programme. He also had responsibility for the strategic development and oversight of MIF Creative, the festival's community engagement and creative learning programme.
In his 30-year career in the arts Simon has held a variety of roles. He spent 12 years at the Lyric, Hammersmith, as the Executive Director for the last six. He previously held roles at the South Bank Centre, Gloria Theatre Company, the Battersea Arts Centre and the Pegasus Theatre, Oxford.
Simon's previous roles include:
- Producing Director : Manchester International Festival
- Executive Director : Lyric Hammersmith, London
- Administrative Producer : Lyric Hammersmith, London
- Producer & founder : Gloria Theatre Company, London
- Youth Arts Projects Coordinator : Education Department, South Bank Centre, London
- Head of Education : Battersea Arts Centre, London
- Co-Director : Pegasus Theatre, Oxford