The EISODUS database is currently being supplied to a number of libraries across the UK. It is aimed at incoming migrants to the UK and contains information about living, studying and working here.
EISODOS was originally developed as a resource for migrants and advisers in West Yorkshire. It was developed in association with services working with migrants in this region. Following on from its success in West Yorkshire, a national version was produced. Research was carried out with services working with migrants and their children across the UK. These included refugee charities, careers and connexions services and other advisory and support services which enabled relevant content and languages to be identified. EISODOS, in addition to English, contains information in 23 languages.
The product audience is as follows:
- adult and young EU migrants who have come to the UK to work, train, study and live
- adult and young refugees and asylum seekers who have come to the UK
- advisers working with the three migrant groups
EISODOS therefore responds to the tender requirement for:
- general reference materials, in particular UK, European and international geo-political and civic data, and reference materials suitable for children
- children and young people, in particular advice and guidance
How to subscribe
If you wish to subscribe, first take a look at the Model Licence. For pricing information please use the contact details below quoting Arts Council England Reference Online:
Telephone: 01274 829600