What is No Strings Attached about?
The project provides a seed fund to support young people from the south east (especially those living in rural and marginalised communities) in the pursuit of a new production idea.
Three application rounds will be supported and young people are part of the decision-making team. The project provides mentoring, training and networking opportunities for the applicants. The project is testing the application process, how best to encourage and engage young people who are not connected straightforwardly to the creative industries.
The main aims of No Strings Attached are to:
- establish a seed fund to support young people in the pursuit of a new production idea
- provide mentoring, training and networking opportunities
- encourage and engage young people with little access or understanding of how to establish or deliver a creative idea, how the creative industries are constituted and what support structures exist
- maximise on the existing knowledge, networks and reputation of the lead partner
- engage disadvantaged young people, especially those living in rural and marginalised communities, from across the south east region
Who is involved?
The Farnham Maltings is based in Farnham, Surrey and is a collection of buildings that provides a place in which people can imagine, create and discover. The Maltings aspires to provide the tools, encouragement and opportunities for all types and age of artists. to develop their own work both here and across the region.
How can I find out more?
Visit the Farnham Maltings website
Watch the No Strings Attached film