The CASE Local Culture & Heritage Profile Tool is a quick and easy way to get hold of a range of data that can be used in local cultural and heritage-related policy-making. The data comprises:
- Local Area Profile - Data connected to the demographic nature and physical geography of the area
- Economic Performance - Data on local culture and heritage business stock, new business activity, employment and financial performance
- Attendance & Participation - Statistics on the attendance and participation of adults at cultural activities
- Quality & Satisfaction - Data on the levels of satisfaction with and quality of current cultural and heritage assets in a local area
- Education - Levels of involvement of students in cultural and heritage courses at GCSE and higher education level
- Sites & Assets - Numbers of cultural sites and heritage assets that are based in a local area
- Financial Investment - Details on the total grants and investment from local authority sources and National Lottery programmes
- Nearest Neighbours - Comparisons of a number of statistics with nearest local authority neighbours (based on the CIPFA model)
The majority of this information is available at the lower tier local authority level (district/unitary), although some information is only available at the upper tier local authority level (county/unitary). It is also available for Local Enterprise Partnership areas. In every instance the local data is compared with the regional and national average.
Download the CASE Local Culture & Heritage Profile Tool.
Find out more about CASE local profiles and insights on the Department for Culture, Media and Sport website.