We recognise that undertaking an application and successfully maintaining the national standard may be challenging. Support and advice has been developed and implemented across the UK, and is detailed below:
- Arts Council England
- Collections Link
- Collections Trust
- VAQAS - VisitBritain's Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Scheme
Contact details for advisers can be found on AIM the Association of Independent Museums website.
Accreditation advice and support is provided through a home-based team. The Accreditation advisers will provide technical advice, which includes:
- awareness workshops about the Accreditation Scheme and new requirements
- museum mentor network support
- advice on using the online applications and returns system
- roll-out timetable for Accreditation returns
- interpretation of the standard requirements for museums of different sizes and scales
Each region also has a Renaissance-funded museum development team who should be contacted for wider museum development support.
Museums that are supported by museum mentors (formerly curatorial advisers) should continue to utilise your mentor's skills and knowledge.
North area (North West, North East and Yorkshire)
Emma Chaplin - North East
Heather Lomas - Yorkshire
Jennie Pitceathly - North West
West area and London (West Midlands, South West and London)
Please note that these advisers work on a part-time basis.
Support and advice is available from our partners at CyMAL: Museums Archives and Libraries Wales. Contact: Carol Whittaker.
Support and advice is available from our partners at Museums Galleries Scotland. Contact: Victoria Hawkins and Jenny Siswell.
Support and advice is available from our partners at the Northern Ireland Museums Council. Contact: Heather McGuicken.