Taking advantage of our intuitive PowerSearch interface, the InfoTrac suite offers library users the ability to search large or bespoke collections of thousands of newspapers, magazines and journals through one single platform. These periodical collections provide the in-depth, up-to-date information library users need to conduct research across a vast range of topics. We strive to make these collections largely embargo free and offer library users unique content that is not available anywhere else online.
Based on user feedback, recent enhancements and additions to InfoTrac (both in content and functionality) include:
- more than 1,500 new titles added last year
- search alerts and RSS feeds to help keep users informed of new content
- search assist with 'did you mean?' and 'also try' functionality, saving users time and offering web search functionality similar to Google
- enhanced subject and publication search
- a read speaker that reads English and non-English documents and facilitates MP3 downloads
- translation from and into English
- video, image and podcast galleries
The two InfoTrac collections included in this offer to libraries are InfoTrac NewsStand (newspaper aggregation) and InfoTrac Custom Journals (magazine and periodical aggregation) - both of which are cross-searchable and allow for customization of content.
InfoTrac NewsStand offers up-to-date access to over 2,000 newspaper titles from around the world, including UK national (broadsheet and tabloid), regional and local titles. The database is updated daily and full text content of the newspaper is included with the exception of images, advertising, syndicated and certain freelance articles, which are excluded for copyright reasons.
A full title list can be found at www.gale.cengage.com/tlist/it_news.xls
Key UK titles include:
- The Times and Sunday Times
- The Guardian and Observer
- The Independent & Independent on Sunday
- The Financial Times
- The Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph
- The Sun
- News of the World (backfile)
- The Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror
- UK regional and local titles from Johnston Publishing Ltd
For more information download the factsheet: gale.cengage.co.uk/images/InfoTrac-Newsstand-Onesheet-EMEA.pdf
InfoTrac Journals allows a subscribing library to create a bespoke package of 50 magazines, periodicals or journals from our full title list of over 20,000 titles. Titles range from academic content through to general interest magazines.
A full title list can be found at www.gale.cengage.com/tlist/sb5099.xls
- The Economist
- National Geographic
- Computer Weekly
- Good Housekeeping
- Farmers Weekly
- Popular Science
For more information download the factsheet: gale.cengage.co.uk/images/Custom_Journals_Onesheet.pdf
How to subscribe
If you wish to subscribe, first take a look at the Model Licence.
For pricing information and to request a free trial, please use the contact details below quoting the Arts Council's Reference Online.
UK Sales Manager
Telephone: +44 (0)1264 332424
Fax: +44 (0)1264 342761
Mobile: 07810 565900