The CASE Local Culture & Heritage Profile Tool is a quick and easy way to get hold of a range of data that can be used in local cultural and heritage-related policy-making. The data comprises:
- Local Area Profile - data connected to the demographic nature and physical geography of the area
- Economic Performance - data on local culture and heritage business stock, new business activity, employment and financial performance
- Attendance and Participation - statistics on the attendance and participation of adults at cultural activities
- Quality and Satisfaction - data on the levels of satisfaction with and quality of current cultural and heritage assets in a local area
- Education - levels of involvement of students in cultural and heritage courses at GCSE and higher education level
- Sites and Assets - numbers of cultural sites and heritage assets that are based in a local area
- Financial Investment - details on the total grants and investment from local authority sources and National Lottery programmes
- Nearest Neighbours - comparisons of a number of statistics with nearest local authority neighbours (based on the CIPFA model)
The majority of this information is available at the lower tier local authority level (district/unitary), although some information is only available at the upper tier local authority level (county/unitary). It is also available for Local Enterprise Partnership areas. In every instance the local data is compared with the regional and national average.
Download the CASE Local Culture and Heritage Profile Tool.
Find out more about CASE local profiles and insights on the Department for Culture, Media and Sport website.