The arts and cultural sector has a wealth of audience data at its fingertips, gathered from box offices, visitor surveys or other research projects. Audience Data UK (ADUK) provides guidance and clarification on collecting, processing, analysing and interpreting all that data.
We hope that this guidance can help individuals and organisations to work more effectively, by understanding their audiences, visitors and customers.
ADUK’s website provides all kinds of support, including:
- case studies that show how arts organisations are using audience data to meet their own objectives
- a 'jargon buster' to demystify the terms used when working with audience data
- advice on benchmarking to measure success
- guidance on sharing audience data between organisations
- information on training courses to equip professionals with the skills to gather and understand audience data better
- a directory of support resources and organisations
- an opportunity to subscribe to find out about the latest developments in understanding audience information
Audience Data UK is supported by the Arts Councils of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It is directed by Network, with guidance from a Steering Group which includes practitioners working within arts organisations, and the key strategic partners engaged in the programme.