Achieving great art for everyone, our strategic framework for the arts, sets out five goals for the arts over the next 10 years.
These five goals are supported by 13 priorities that will direct our work in four years 2011-15.
Goal 1: Talent and artistic excellence are thriving and celebrated
- using our investment to ensure excellent art happens
- establishing a coherent, nationwide approach to the development of artistic talent, particularly for emerging and mid-career artists
- supporting an artistically-led approach to diversity in the arts
- responding to major opportunities such as the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games to showcase talent and build audiences for excellent art
Goal 2: More people experience and are inspired by the arts
- developing arts opportunities for people and places with the least engagement
- strengthening the distribution of excellent art through touring and digital platforms
- encouraging funded organisations to be even more focused on attracting new audiences
Goal 3: The arts are sustainable, resilient and innovative
- promoting greater collaboration between organisations to increase efficiency and innovation
- strengthening business models in the arts, helping arts organisations to diversify their income streams including private giving
Goal 4: The arts leadership and workforce are diverse and highly skilled
- building a network of arts leaders who value sharing their knowledge and skills, for the benefit of the arts and civil society
- creating equal opportunities to enter the arts workforce
Goal 5: Every child and young person has the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts
- improving the delivery of arts opportunities for children and young people
- raising the standard of art being produced for, with and by children and young people
Arts Council Plan
The Arts Council Plan sets out what we will do to deliver our goals and priorities over the years 2011-15.
Museums and libraries
The five 10-year goals in our strategic framework have been adapted to reflect the needs and priorities for museums and libraries in Culture, knowledge and understanding: great museums and libraries for everyone.