Artsmark is the national programme that enables schools, further education colleges and youth justice settings to evaluate, celebrate and strengthen a quality arts offer.
You can download a full list of Artsmark awards on the Artsmark website.
A new focus of Artsmark is to support our 10-year goal of ensuring every child and young person has the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts by promoting formal education institutions to deliver rich and high quality provision. It will deliver this by providing:
- a structured and in depth online auditing tool
- rigorous criteria against which applicants can benchmark their provision
- the support of arts education professionals throughout the assessment process
- the creation of a network of organisations committed to high quality, broad and sustainable arts provision
Trinity College London
From September 2012 the Artsmark programme will be delivered by Trinity College London.
We are looking forward to working with Trinity to support the Artsmark programme to grow and we are working closely with them to manage the transition.
The change of provider from Arts Council England to Trinity College London marks a key point in Artsmark's development and some changes will be introduced to build on the success of the programme.
The key developments to look out for are:
- a system, process and criteria that is even clearer and more user-friendly
- no fixed deadline for applications - applications for rounds 13, 14 and 15 will be welcome throughout each academic year
- a small cost will be introduced to ensure that the programme can work towards becoming self-sustaining in the future
- an online community of practice for those with existing Artsmark status and those working towards it, to share and develop their practice, and to include training places, online guidance and a range of opportunities for your organisation. Trinity will charge a small and subsidised annual subscription for this service
We will shortly upload more information about the headline changes.
For more information about Artsmark visit the Artsmark website.