Over the past few months, we have been piloting the refreshed Artsmark with a group of 100 schools. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, not least because the award has been designed by schools to make it more relevant and straightforward.
Artsmark will validate schools’ existing arts provision and develop their ambitions for the future. It will help schools in their commitment to developing well-rounded, confident and articulate young people.
We believe that every child deserves to experience the arts and have based the refreshed scheme on achieving this. Its benefits include:
- Validation for schools that recognise and champion the arts in every classroom
- A national network to help build each school's expertise, with unique access to resources
- Support and challenge from arts specialists
- A streamlined application process built around a Statement of Commitment to the arts that connects to the broader curriculum
- A flexible approach that fits each school's own strategies, curriculum and planning cycles
- CPD opportunities for staff
In making these changes, we’ve been aware of the changing educational landscape, the pressures of the new Ofsted framework and the balance schools are looking to strike in meeting EBacc and STEM priorities.
In September, we will be launching the new Artsmark, and during 2015/16 we will be working with Bridge Organisations to deliver it.
Information on how to register and resources will be available on the website. If you would like to recommend any other schools who should receive this information, please let us know by contacting Artsmark@artscouncil.org.uk
The new Artsmark celebrates ways of using the arts to build pupils’ confidence, resilience and drive.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to the award.