The new appointees bring with them a wealth of experience spanning the depth and breadth of the museums and galleries sector
Our Accreditation Scheme sets out nationally-agreed standards, which inspire the confidence of the public and funding and governing bodies.
It enables museums to assess their current performance, as well as supporting them to plan and develop their services.
The five new members joining the committee are professionals from the fields of arts, cultural heritage and historical research. They are:
• Dr David Gelsthorpe, Curator of Earth Sciences Collections at Manchester Museum
• Heather McGuicken, Museum Manager, Arts and North Down Museum, Northern Ireland
• Maria Ragan, Museum Manager, Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, UCL
• Dr Sarah Posey, Head of Collections, Interpretation and Learning at the Royal Pavilion and Museums, Brighton and Hove
• Yasmin Khan, Director of Covalent Creative Partnerships Ltd
“The new appointees bring with them a wealth of experience spanning the depth and breadth of the museums and galleries sector, the challenges we all face and valuable real-life experience of the Accreditation scheme and process,” said Hadrian Ellory-van Dekker, Chair of Museum Accreditation Committee.
“The Committee, thus strengthened, remains fully committed to making Accreditation an essential, valuable, meaningful, rewarding and supportive process for all those colleagues and friends across the United Kingdom who work so hard to protect and promote our heritage.”
Making the most of museums
Thinking about applying for museum Accreditation?Read more about the scheme