The shortlisted museums have been announced for the Connect10 national arts competition which will see leading visual artists taking part in Museums at Night events across the country. Vote now to help decide which museums will host the events.
Proposed events include: Bompas and Parr heading to Bristol to fill the glass plate around the SS Great Britain with jelly; Polly Morgan giving a practical demonstration of her taxidermy process in Liverpool's neo-Gothic Victoria Gallery and Museum; and The People's History Museum bringing Martin Parr back to his student home in Manchester with the aim of inspiring the next generation of photographers.
The full list of artists and shortlisted venues are:
- Claire Barclay, futuristic Scottish sculptor: The Old Operating Theatre Museum, Cheltenham Art Gallery and Museum
- Bompas and Parr, Jellymongers: Caithness Horizons, Belgrave Hall, SS Great Britain
- Ryan Gander, provocative installation artist: Oliver Holt Gallery with Sherborne Museum, Ipswich Museum, Dorchester Abbey
- Jon McGregor, award-winning novelist: Discovery Point, Scott Polar Research Institute, Turner Contemporary
- Polly Morgan, contemporary taxidermist: Victoria Gallery and Museum, The Yorkshire Museum and Gardens and The Art Gallery, Anglican Chapel, Arnos Vale Cemetery
- Terry O'Neill, fashion and rock photographer: Ragged School Museum, The Museum of Soho
- Martin Parr, documentary photographer: The Wedgwood Museum, Haworth Art Gallery and The People's History Museum
- Simon Roberts, photographer: Guernsey Museum, Quay Arts, Working Class Movement Library in Salford
- Bob & Roberta Smith, installation artist: The Peace Museum Bradford, The Towner, Leeds Art Gallery
- Susan Stockwell artist: The Fitzwilliam Museum, Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery, Wolverhampton Art Gallery
To find out more or vote for your favourite museum or event visit the Connect10 website.