05 - 05 February 2014
Liverpool John Moores University
Arts Council England event on higher education, arts and cultural partnerships held in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University.
Structured as a mix of formal presentations and open discussion, the conference is designed and led by both higher education and cultural sector partners.
The aims of the event are to:
- encourage a shared understanding of the principles of engagement for best practice
- promote knowledge exchange with a focus on the maturing of partnerships
- jointly identify future development and opportunities
The morning session will present discussion documents including The Cultural Knowledge Ecology and Arts Council's refreshed 10 years strategy Great art and culture for everyone; hear from Arts Council England, Universities UK and a range of Vice Chancellors through panel discussions. The afternoon session will offer opportunity to participate in discussion workshops to encompass the following 'lines of enquiry':
- collaborative approaches to place making and civic responsibility
- cultural partnerships, cultural value and the Research Excellence Framework
- actively working with archives in a cultural context
- joint approaches to EU funding opportunities
- universities collaborating to deliver arts programmes
- creating a collaborative pathway for talent development
- STEM - alignment of arts with the stem subject
- the basics of partnership working
Full programme updates with key speakers and contributors are to be announced in January. This event is by invitation only and has limited capacity.