Arts Council England has published Achieving great art for everyone, a 10-year strategic framework for the arts. This sets out five goals for the arts and, under each of the goals, a number of priorities for the next four years.
All of our investment in the arts will be based on this strategic framework and all our funded organisations will contribute to at least two of our goals.
Not all of the organisations we fund contribute to all of our goals and priorities. We aim to ensure that we support a portfolio of investment in the arts which, taken together, contributes to all of them.
Goal 1: Talent and artistic excellence are thriving and celebrated
- using our investment to ensure excellent art happens
- establishing a coherent, nationwide approach to the development of artistic talent, particularly for emerging and mid-career artists
- supporting an artistically-led approach to diversity in the arts
- responding to major opportunities such as the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games to showcase talent and build audiences for excellent art
Goal 2: More people experience and are inspired by the arts
- developing arts opportunities for people and places with the least engagement
- strengthening the distribution of excellent art through touring and digital platforms
- encouraging funded organisations to be even more focused on attracting audiences
Goal 3: The arts are sustainable, resilient and innovative
- promoting greater collaboration between organisations to increase efficiency and innovation
- strengthening business models in the arts and helping arts organisations to diversify their income streams, including by encouraging private giving
Goal 4: The arts leadership and workforce are diverse and highly skilled
- building a network of arts leaders who value sharing their knowledge and skills, for the benefit of the arts and civil society
- creating equal opportunities to enter the arts workforce
Goal 5: Every child and young person has the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts
- improving the delivery of arts opportunities for children and young people
- raising the standard of art being produced for, with and by children and young people