Applications to this grant commission are now closed.
This page explains the application process to find a delivery partner to manage and produce a large scale State of the Arts event for the arts and cultural sector between October 2013 and February 2014. The commission was joint-funded by Arts Council England and the British Council with a grant totalling £160,000.
This flagship event was to be the part of our current State of the Arts series of activities which aims to encourage thought leadership in the arts and cultural sector and provide a platform for the development of new ideas and responses to the political and economic environment.
Aims and outcomes
The State of the Arts event aimed to:
- be brave and provocative
- be future facing
- be visionary and practical
- shape future policy
- embrace common cause and diversity
The delivery partner was expected to produce:
- a widely accessible programme of activity before, during and after the event to encourage free-thinking, debate, collaboration and ideas-sharing within the arts and cultural sector
- an archive of rich media content and shareable digital assets which will continue to benefit the sector post event
- a full evaluation of the event with a detailed report including proposed next steps for the sector based on findings
To find out more about the commission, eligibility and the application process, please download and read the guidance notes, available in word and pdf. Please note that this fund is now closed for applications.