Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must engage people in England in arts activities or help artists and arts and community organisations in England to carry out their work. (‘Engaging in arts activities’ could include attending an arts event, taking part in an arts activity, or creating or distributing a work of art).
2. The programme of work that our funding would support must mainly benefit artists, participants or audiences in England, and be relevant to the lives of diverse contemporary audiences.
3. You must have a registered address within the United Kingdom.
4. Lead applicants should be properly constituted as an organisation. The kinds of organisations which are eligible to apply include:
- limited companies registered at Companies House (including individuals trading as a limited company)
- community interest companies (CIC) registered with the CIC regulator
- charities or Trusts registered with the Charity Commission
- limited liability partnerships registered at Companies House
- partnerships established under a Deed of Partnership
- industrial and provident societies or community benefit societies subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Royal Charter companies
- statutory bodies
5. You must apply for a minimum annual award of £40,000.
Who cannot apply
You cannot apply to the National portfolio if:
1. You do not have a registered address within the United Kingdom.
2. You are an individual, unless you apply as a director of your own company. We will not accept applications from people applying in a purely personal capacity.
3. You are applying for funding for activities that do not mainly benefit artists, participants or audiences in England.
4. You are applying for activities that are not related to the arts.
5. You are applying for funding for activities that are aimed at making a profit to be distributed to members or shareholders.