We currently support a national network of nine Museum development providers across the country, in most cases run out of Major partner museums.
In March 2012 we invited suitably qualified organisations to bid to provide this service for different parts of England.
This was the first time Museum development funds were awarded for a three year period (2012/13 to 2014/15) by Arts Council England.
Overall, £3 million of funding was awarded per annum in 2013-14 and 2014-15. The bid for 2012-13 was for eight months from August 2012, therefore £2 million in funding was granted in the first year.
The nine organisations that were successful in becoming Museum development providers, and the amounts they will receive over the three years are:
- Bristol City Museum & Art Gallery & Archives; Plymouth City Museum & Art Gallery; Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery; South West Federation of Museums & Galleries - £1,192,000
- Herefordshire Heritage Services; The Marches Network - £832,000
- Leicestershire County Council - £719,887
- Manchester Partnership (with Cumbria Museums Consortium) - £880,000
- Museum of London - £650,190
- Norfolk Museum & Archaeology Service - £1,141,000
- Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove; HCC Arts & Museums; Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust; Oxfordshire County Museums Service - £1,400,000
- Tyne & Wear Archive & Museums - £416,000
- York Museums Trust - £840,000