The current Exceptional Awards portal will close at 5pm on Friday 31 January 2015. After that date you will not be able to submit Exceptional Awards ideas to us but applicants that submit ideas up to that date may still be invited to apply. Please take into account that all activity funded through the current programme must start by 31 March 2015.
We will communicate any changes to the principles of the fund in March 2015 and the portal will reopen again in April 2015.
The eligibility criteria for Exceptional awards are as follows:
- Your project is not eligible for funding from other Arts Council programmes
- Your project has not been rejected from one of our existing programmes for reasons other than eligibility
- You have not previously submitted your idea for consideration for an Exceptional award application
- Your project’s beneficiaries are based in England
- Your organisation (unless it is a National Portfolio Organisation) is based in England
- Your organisation is primarily focused on one or more of the following: creating, producing, distributing and presenting the arts in England
- Your organisation is registered as a charity or established on a not for profit basis with charitable objectives