Who can submit an expression of interest
To be eligible to submit an expression of interest, you must:
- be applying for a grant between £30,000 and £300,000
- be applying for funding for activity that will take place between 1 April 2014 and 31 March 2015
- demonstrate that your outcomes will contribute to the aims of the Renaissance strategic support fund set out in section one of this guidance
- be either an Accredited museum based in England with over 15,000 visitors per year who is not in receipt of major partner museum funding, nor in receipt of an on-going strategic fund grant, nor a national museum, or
- be an organisation with a track record in delivering services to the museum sector and able to demonstrate that the outcomes from the activity will benefit the Accredited regional museum sector in England
- be a properly constituted organisation and able to make available copies of governance documentation, if required. If you are invited to make a full application, you will be asked to confirm that your full application is supported by the governing body of your organisation and request a grant of no more than 25 per cent of your annual turnover in any one year
Partnerships are eligible to apply for funding if the partnership includes an Accredited museum, or organisations that have a track record in delivering services to the museum sector.
Partnerships might include a range of organisations, including national museums, but a core principle will be that the funds will directly benefit the ability of the Accredited regional museum sector in England to improve services to audiences and communities.
In the expression of interest form, you must identify the lead organisation and your partners. If you are invited to make a full application, we will expect the lead organisation to have full responsibility for managing the application and being responsible for any grant that is awarded. If you are successful as a lead organisation, you may be asked to provide us with a copy of a written agreement with your partners.
The following criteria also apply to partnerships:
- the aggregated total of the partnership’s visitor figures must be over 15,000 visitors per year
- the total grant requested must be no more than 25 per cent of the total turnover of the organisations in the partnership in any one year
An organisation may only lead on one proposal yet, due to the nature of partnership working, organisations may act as supporting partners on more than one proposal. We will make decisions to ensure a breadth of activities and geographical coverage, and seek to avoid any duplication of activity. We will expect organisations to have the capacity to deliver all activities they propose to partner on, if they are part of more than one proposal.
Organisations already in receipt of Strategic support funding for activity that takes place in 2014-15 may not lead on a proposal, but can act as a supporting partner on other proposals in line with the guidance above.
Organisations who have benefitted from previous rounds of the Strategic support fund are eligible to lead on proposals for round three if they are not already in receipt of funding for activity that takes place in 2014-15. However, applicants should remember that the Strategic support fund is for self-contained and time-limited projects, rather than for on-going activity. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate how activity is a clear development on any previously funded activity.