You can now submit your application to Grants for the arts online using our online application.
There are a number of benefits to doing this:
- the online application process will give added support so that you can make sure your application is complete and eligible before you submit it. For example, the online system will check if your budget is balanced
- you can submit supporting material up to 10MB and links to any relevant websites
- you can ensure your application will reach us immediately without relying on the post, with an instant confirmation of receipt by email
- you can get direct links to relevant information in our guidance notes
You may still apply using the printed application form if you are not able to use the online application process, but we do encourage applicants to use our online system. Using the online application process will also allow us to save administration costs that can be reinvested into arts activity
Working on joint applications
The online application allows joint working on application forms. This works particularly well for organisations where one person completes the proposal and another completes the income and spending sections.
The user that started the application can share it by giving their application code to another user.
To do this, they can use the 'Add other user's application' button on their homepage and enter the application code. The application will then appear in their list of draft applications.
Only one user can access the form at any one time. As there is only one copy of the form, changes made by either user will be updated in both accounts.
Either user can submit the application form but the user that started the application form will receive the acknowledgement email.
Before you apply
The how to apply booklet explains exactly what you need to do to make an eligible application. You should also check out information on eligibility before you apply. You will need to write a proposal about the activity you want us to fund and also fill in the application form. To get more information or to ask for the printed application pack, you can:
- download Grants for the arts guidance 'How to apply'
- phone our enquiries team at 0845 300 6200
- fill in our enquiry form
- textphone 020 7973 6564
We also have information sheets on particular aspects of applying for Grants for the arts.
We cannot accept faxed or emailed application forms, or applications on disk. If you are disabled, have learning difficulties, or are affected by an impairment such as dyslexia and require communication support to help you fill in your application, please contact our enquiries team on 0845 300 6200 to find out about how we can help.
If you have questions that the application materials do not answer, or if you need advice about your application or the activity you are applying for, we strongly advise you to contact us before you apply.