This page contains information for applicants who have submitted their application before 1 July 2013. For information on applications to be submitted after this date, visit the current Grants for arts pages.
Please contact our enquiries team to get a copy of our application form. The How to apply booklet is available in Braille, large print, on audio CD or BSL DVD, and versions in translation are also available.
Remember, we cannot accept faxed or emailed application forms, or applications on disc as we require an original signature for all applications that are not submitted online. Before you send your application, make sure you check it is complete, or ask someone else to check it for you.
If you are disabled, have learning difficulties, or affected by an impairment such as dyslexia and require communication support to help you fill in your application, please contact our enquiries team on 0845 300 6200 to find out about how we can help.
Activity report form
If we give you a grant, we will ask you to evaluate your work and fill in an activity report form.
We also have information sheets on particular aspects of applying to Grants for the arts.
- Audience development and marketing - PDF Word
- Building project applications - PDF Word
- Capital applications - PDF Word
- Children and young people and learning - PDF Word
- Music education hubs and partners - PDF Word
- Communication access needs - PDF Word
- Cross border touring - PDF Word
- Digital activity - PDF Word
- Education grants to individuals - PDF Word
- Example budgets - PDF Word
- Excess income and underspends - PDF Word
- Frequently asked questions about Grants for the arts - PDF Word
- Helpful hints for applicants - PDF Word
- How to pay artists - PDF Word
- How we treat your application under the Freedom of Information Act - PDF Word
- International activity - PDF Word
- Libraries Grants for the arts fund - PDF Word
- Literature - PDF Word
- Musical instruments and second-hand equipment - PDF Word
- Music recordings and labels - PDF Word
- Operating vehicles - PDF Word
- Other sources of funding - PDF Word
- Public engagement - PDF Word
- Repeat activities, ongoing overheads and salaries - PDF Word
- Self-evaluation - PDF Word
- Support in kind - PDF Word
- The moving image - PDF Word
- Touring guidance - PDF Word
- Understanding how we assess your application - PDF Word
We have tried to make sure that the information we give is correct. We do not assume and hereby disclaim any liability to anyone for loss or damage caused by mistakes or omissions in the information we provide, whether these mistakes or omissions are caused by negligence, accident or any other reason.
We do not endorse or recommend any of the organisations that we mention in this information.