All applications to the Libraries fund will undergo a check for eligibility before going through to assessment stage.
The standard eligibility criteria for Grants for the arts apply to all applications to the Libraries Fund. Please see the How to apply online guidance or booklet for a full list of the eligibility criteria. Key eligibility points for public library applicants to note include:
- we can only fund arts-related activities
- we expect at least 10 per cent of the total cost of the activity to come from other sources (see below on partnership funding)
- we cannot fund activities retrospectively (that is, we are unable to fund activities, including buying goods or services, which take place or start before we are able to reach a decision about your application)
- we can only fund activities that engage the public
- we cannot fund ongoing overhead costs that are already paid for by other income (eg local authority income)
In addition, the Grants for the arts Libraries fund is only open to public libraries, library authorities, network of public library authorities, or organisation managing a public library authority as defined under the Public Libraries & Museums Act 1964. If any other type of organisation is listed as the lead applicant on an application to the Libraries fund, it will not be eligible for assessment.