A series of museum briefing events will take place across England over two weeks commencing 12 September 2011, at locations including Birmingham, Cambridge, London, Manchester, Newcastle, and Plymouth. The briefings are being held in preparation for 1 October 2011 when Arts Council England assumes some functions held by the Museums Libraries and Archives Council (MLA).
The week commencing 12 September also sees the opening of the application process for major grants strand Renaissance in the Regions and the briefings will explain this programme in detail, providing potential applicants with guidance on how to apply for funding.
This free event aims to:
- provide details on how Arts Council England hopes to work with the museums sector
- explain in detail and provide potential applicants with guidance on how to apply for funding through Renaissance in the Regions
- present the companion document to Achieving great art for everyone, the Arts Council's strategic framework for the next 10 years. The companion document will set out how the work of museums and libraries can be properly reflected in our mission between 2012 and 2015
- provide networking opportunities with Arts Council regional managers and executive directors and industry peers
The programme includes an overview of the preparations undertaken by the Arts Council for the transfer of functions on 1 October 2011; an introduction to the companion piece to Achieving great art for everyone; the Arts Council's vision for and role working with museums; plans for Renaissance in the Regions and guidance on applying for funding; an update on the accreditation standard and other museum programmes of interest.
Who should attend?
This briefing event is suitable for delegates working in senior roles within the museums sector in England. It may also appeal to those working as cultural contacts within local authorities.
Register by clicking on your selected area below. Locations are not limited to your regional area, please attend which is most convenient to you:
- London: 15 September 2011, London Transport Museum - this event is now full
The closing date for registrations is three working days before the event you wish to attend.